Thursday, July 11, 2013

Cheeky's, Palm Springs - Restaurant Review... Best Breakfast in Town!

Croissant Cinnamon Roll from Cheeky's, Palm Springs
Croissant Cinnamon Roll... fresh from the oven.  Can you smell it??!!
Brioche French Toast with Fruit and Marscapone.  Spicy Chilaquiles with Chorizo, Tomatillo and Queso Fresco.  Master Cleanse Ice - Kale, lemon, maple syrup and a touch of cayenne... local, sustainable, organic.

All magic to my ears, and so read the menu at Cheeky's in Palm Springs last week.  Located on North Palm Canyon Dr. in downtown Palm Springs, Cheeky's boasts gorgeous views of the San Jacinto mountains and a lovely patio surrounded by misters for those who don't enjoy the oppressive desert heat (it was 114 the day we visited).  While indoor seating is also available, our 3 mornings were spent on the patio, and even those who don't like heat were comfortable.

Collage of Cheeky's menu items, Palm Springs 2013
With their unique menu and reputation for excellent service, one may expect a decent wait for a table, but in my opinion, the wait is positively worth it.  Situated close to a world-renowned agricultural belt, Cheeky's locally inspired menu changes weekly while serving seasonal, locally grown and preferably organic ingredients (my husband and I shared a serving of organic berries and polished off our plate of juicy black and blue berries surrounded by raspberries and strawberries as our tablemates watched in envy!).

Serving only the highest quality ingredients, Cheeky's batters, sauces and dressings are all housemade, as are the decadent array of pastries, including the insanely irresistible Croissant Cinnamon Rolls (ours were fresh from the oven and gone in mere seconds).

And then the beverages... ranging from a simple fresh squeezed OJ to an unforgettable Cleansing Ice (I had no idea kale could be so good), and on to Fresh Bellini's and a Bloody Mary crowned "The Best Ever" by our party, one can't make a bad choice.

Favorites from our three days of visits included a soft Brioche French Toast topped with pears and peaches and a dollop of luscious marscapone and received top honors from all.  The Bacon Flight, featuring Jalapeño, smoked applewood, Beeler Apple Cinnamon and Brown Sugar and a fantastically delicious Thai Sweet Chili variation, made it to our table all three days, and the somewhat spicy Chilaquiles with Chorizo, Tomatillo and Queso Fresco rounded out our top 3.

Bacon Flight from Cheeky's, Palm Springs
Bacon Flight - Jalapeño, applewood, sweet and Thai Chili.  Awesomeness!
More on the simple side, the Steel Cut Oats with berries, the Greek yogurt with housemade granola and organic berries, and the Breakfast Quesadilla with scrambled eggs, bacon, avocado and green onion, each garnered gushing comments, and the wonderful coffee became a perfect way to start our day.

Master Cleanse Ice, Cheeky's, Palm Springs
Unforgettable Master Cleanse Ice
For me though, I find myself longing for the emerald green Master Cleanse Ice - kale, lemon, maple syrup and a touch of cayenne.  Being somewhat green averse, I only tasted my friend's beverage due to peer pressure, and found myself immediately jumping to find our server, the lovely and extraordinarily patient, Genevieve (pronounced Jon-vee-ev), to order a glass of my own.  Sweet, without being too sweet, and vibrant with lemon, this icy beverage will have me trying to recreate it in my home kitchen, and if I'm successful, it will become a frequent morning treasure.

Open only 8-2 Thursday through Monday and serving breakfast and lunch, make time for Cheeky's when you visit Palm Springs.  Best restaurant I've visited in years.  Now if only they would open in San Diego...  
 


Liv Life Note:  Cheeky's had no idea we would be writing a review for their restaurant and I paid for my meals in full.  We did not receive anything for writing this review, all opinions are from my friends and myself.  Cheeky's won our hearts!

4 comments:

  1. WOW!! This sounds like an absolutely brilliant place to eat. :-) I love the freshness and creativity. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! I'd put it up there with one of my best ever meals!!

      Delete
  2. Oh.my.GAH! The croissant! I WANT! Cheeky's, here I come :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kate... that croissant cinnamon roll is worth the trip all by itself!!

      Delete

Your comments make our hearts sing!